The Kwik Seal is a simple all-rubber compression-type seal that makes a flexible watertight connection between pipes and concrete structures.
It offers an easy installation process in precast production facilities or in the field for contractors.
Whether you core or cast your holes, Kwik Seal fits right into your production methods, ready to seal your toughest applications every time.
The connector can be installed in 4 simple steps:
- Insert connector into hole
- Bevel pipe
- Lube pipe
- Insert pipe
For more detailed installation instructions, you can watch the video below as well as download our installation instructions.
PREPARE STRUCTURE OPENING FOR CONNECTOR
- Clean opening thoroughly, removing any dirt or debris and inspect for any bug holes or deformities
- If needed to retain the connector in the structure opening, you can use Transtar Contact Adhesive (caution: flammable) all around the entrance area of the opening at least 2-inches (50 mm) wide.
TO INSTALL GASKET INTO MANHOLE
- Install gasket by squeezing into a heart shape and inserting into hole from outside of structure.
- Smooth gasket around hole by working any excess rubber around the hole until gasket lies flat against hole ID.
- Push gasket lip back into hole until it bottoms completely around hole.
TO INSTALL PIPE INTO GASKET
- Make sure that pipe end is clean and well-beveled for at least 3/4’’ (19 mm) from end all around.
- Make sure that pipe end is clean for at least 15” from end.
- Apply lubricant generously to pipe and to fins of installed gasket. Make sure that entire pipe is lubricated for at least 15’’from end.
- Center pipe carefully in gasket and begin to push inward. Push straight into hole. Installation pressure will drop slightly after first fin is cleared. This locks gasket into the hole.
- Continue pushing, and pressure will increase until pipe end clears gasket completely.
- Move pipe inward until it clears interior plane of structure wall. Move pipe to proper elevation and angle. Installation is now complete.
If you are curious what our customers think, check out this testimonial video from one of our customers.